What are some examples of projects / activities that can be undertaken at all scales that would contribute to the achievement of the targets identified?
- Leadership training for office bearers and community members
- Governance training for office bearers in community organisations
- Effective communication training
- Membership maintenance / growth
- Funding application writing
- Community engagement training
- Ongoing education of NRM practitioners
- Public education on the value of volunteering
- Public recognition and profiling of active volunteers.
- Regional Forums to encourage information exchange of NRM information
- Collaborative Communication Strategy for whole of NRM in region
- Vegetation management plans / biosecurity plans / pest management plans – structure regional forums to drive delivery.
- Champions and NRM professionals to deliver key messages
- Six monthly meeting with local members on regional NRM activities.
- Project to utilise university students for NRM research and activities
- Performance committee with members from across the community to define and measure progress, determine effectiveness and inform adaptive management.