Land and Soils
What can we do?
- Consider the role of legumes in pasture production systems
- Determine baseline nutrient status of representative geomorphic landscapes
- Review soil conservation specifications accounting for projected climate change risk factors
- Study the factors limiting the wider application of risk management tools in property management decision making
- Socio–economic assessment of the pastoral industries in the region
- Explore factors affecting profitability in pastoral areas
- Implement soil health sampling projects at all levels on geomorphic landscapes
- Manage ground water salinity in high risk areas
- Conduct long term impact studies into increasing drought conditions on pastoral systems
- Investigate the role of Mulga as a fodder crop in the region
- Conduct land audits and risk assessments
- Implement an Environmental Management system at a local level.